Self-Paced Graduate Courses featuring Canter Curriculum
Named "Best for Personal Enrichment" by Scholastic Instructor Magazine
Whether you're a beginning teacher or a seasoned professional, turn to Canter and Walden University to achieve your learning goals.
Walden University offers more than 30 highly focused and relevant graduate courses featuring Canter curricula designed by teachers for teachers. Discover why more than 29,000 educators have chosen Walden’s graduate courses and degree programs to advance their careers.
Through our graduate courses, you will:
- Access the latest concepts and research findings.
- Watch strategies modeled by master teachers in real classrooms.
- Experience tangible results in your own classroom.
Download the Walden University Fall 2010 Catalog of Graduate Courses for K-12 Teachers (.pdf)
Choose from courses on these relevant topics:
How the Self-Paced Model Works
- Begin your course as soon as you receive your course materials.
- Work at your own pace; follow the printed course study guide or study online, depending on the format you choose.
- Watch our informative videos in DVD or online format, featuring nationally recognized education experts.
- Complete readings from textbooks, journals, and/or the Internet.
- Collaborate with one or more colleagues, sharing and gaining valuable
feedback. With the online format, you will collaborate via a discussion board.
- Apply the skills you are learning—as you learn them—in your own classroom.
- Complete assignments and a 3- to 5-page reflection paper.
- Submit coursework to the university for grading.
Leaders in Education
Canter offers its courses in partnership with Walden University, allowing you to benefit from Canter's quality curriculum in a self-paced format, while earning graduate credit from a leading accredited university.
Nationally Recognized Experts
Our courses feature the nation's most respected educational leaders in reading and literacy, math, teacher leadership, and other critical areas.
An Accredited and Respected Institution
For 40 years, Walden has provided an engaging learning experience for working professionals. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org; 312-263-0456.
Course Credit: 3 semester hours of graduate credit
Tuition: $495 includes graduate credit and all course materials
Registration: December 1, 2010 - March 18, 2011
Course Start: Because these courses are self-paced, you may start them as soon as you receive your materials.
Course Completion: Coursework is due to the university January 31, 2011. Transcripts reflect the term in which grades are recorded.
Course Withdrawal: 45 calendar days after you register
Maximum: 3 courses per term
This revolutionary course will make you feel more satisfied every day in the classroom. Learn skills that successful teachers use to consistently bring out the best in themselves and their students.
You will learn:
- Practical problem-solving and stress-reduction techni...
Learn how you can use technology to reach and empower diverse learners in your classroom. You will examine two frameworks for meeting the needs of diverse learners, Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Differentiated Instruction (DI), in order to customize your instruction.
This course will show you how to integrate technology in more meaningful and appropriate ways in your content area. Discover how to design technology-infused projects that motivate your students and foster independent learning.